2.3.14

Toasted Heron in a Spinney?

This afternoon my dad and I went for the Bittern which had been sighted at Eyebrook.

When we got there, some people had said 'only if you where here 5 minutes ago' that's always the case with Bitterns. After an hour of waiting a quick glimpse as it sulked away into the undergrowth. After another hour we decided to go and their it was quickly running back into cover, sadly I did not managed to get a photo but it's something I will never forget, to make things even better I spotted my first Otter quickly hopping into the undergrowth.

There's a Bittern in their somewhere, promise 

2 comments:

  1. At least you got to see it. Sometimes you miss lots of detail if you are just looking through the camera all the time. I am really glad you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I missed out on seeing the Bittern, but saw 38 Dunlin, heard Tawny calling, Little owl and a Kingfisher. Apparently there are 2 Bitterns at Lag 3 deep in the reedbed.

    ReplyDelete