23.3.14

Its Singing Spring

Even though this weekend has been horrible in terms of the weather, this didn't stop me going out.

In the morning I went with my Dad to walk the dog and as soon as we got out of the village 3 Meadow Pipits were feeding right in front of us.
2 of the 3 Meadow Pipits
Then after hearing Yellowhammer and seeing a buzzard being mobbed my 2 Rooks, I found a Moorhen in between the hedgerow, this is quite a rare bird on my patch. Then a Long-tailed Tit collects nest material.

Long-tailed Tit
Later, I managed to find my first definite Chiffchaff, not one but two singing males!!!!!! , a new bird for the year a lovely adult Willow Tit. , also we saw plenty of Chaffinches and Hares.

Hare's

Chaffinch

Chaffinch

Chiffchaff

2 comments:

  1. Glad you saw a few spring migrants. Today I saw my first Egyptian Geese gosling's in the North Arm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never let the weather put me off either. I really like those hares. We don;t get many round by us. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete