The BTO are launching from 2015-2016 a special survey on House Martins will be conducted in 2015:
- A national survey in 2015 to gather information on the House Martin population, local distribution and their habitat preferences.
- A nest monitoring study in 2016 to learn about breeding success, timings and location of nests.
So here are some ways to help out our House Martins:
- If you are not already a member of the BTO, DO SO!
- Go to the BTO's website and donate or sign up for their Survey by clicking on the link; http://www.bto.org/support-us/current-appeals/house-martin-appeal?dm_i=IG4,2TMR2,5AE8W7,A90TI,1
- Over this Autumn and Winter put artificial nests up under eaves of your house to encourage the birds to come and nest.
- Don't forget to add your sightings to Birdtrack as well!!
So far we have ringed 13 birds so can't wait to carry on the project next spring!!!