30.11.13

After-school Birding

On Wednesday I went with my friend who lives in Oakham who I went and saw the Black stork with and we were hoping to go to the Dam at the Eastern end of Rutland Water and while we were at his house we got news of a *Lesser Scaup* at the dam so we headed straight for the dam and got dropped of and rushed to were it had been seen and on our way we saw loads of *Tufted Ducks* and *Black-headed Gull* and a 1st ever for me a female Red-Breasted Merganser.

Starling
When we got to the south end of the dam were it had been reported, the light was fading fast as we checked through a flock of *Tufted Ducks* and 2 *Scaup* a male and a female, then another birdwatcher came who was form Loughborough and said that sadly that it was a Aythya hybrid but still I got a Red Breasted Merganser.
Red Breasted Merganser Silhouette 

No comments:

Post a Comment