20.10.13

Weekly Wildlife Round Up Week 1

2 Grey Herons
 This week has been a very busy time around my local patch, throughout the week masses of Redwing and Fieldfare are moving through {mainly Redwing}, also Skylarks and Meadow Pipits in other words Little Brown Jobs! Whilst watching the the LBJ's 2 Swallows flew over on the 20.10. But the most unusual thing this week was a very common bird mainly associated with lakes and rivers the Grey Heron, I have seen about 1 or 2 of these gorgeous birds but on Friday 2 Grey herons flew over.
Skylark with a seed
Roe Deer
  Meanwhile each morning before I go to school we walk the dog each day and on Thursday to my surprise there in the verge of the country lane was 2 Muntjac and in a field a Roe Deer, I have heard that other residents in the village had seen them before around but this was a 1st for me.
Coming away from my local patch along one of the main roads near by, a farrowed field has been full of of birds, about c200 Golden Plover plus c100 Lapwing and Black-headed Gulls and Lesser-blacked backed Gulls.

Hopefully this next week will also be full of exciting wildlife around.   

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it brilliant to have the Fieldfare and Redwing back again. we get quite a few Grey Heron as they is a large Heronry on the river near our house. You asked about my camera, it is a Lumix G3. Your blog is looking really good. Maybe you could put the follow button on it to make it easier for people to follow you. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete