29.10.13

Gesse, Wigeon and much much more

On the 24th I went to the North Norfolk Coast for a birthday party with my friend, we have been doing it for years, we usually go to Cley Marsh and Titchwell Marsh.

2 Bearded Tits
So I got up at 5:30am and got to my friends house for 7:10am and set of to Cley Marsh, the weather looked brilliant still calm wind and bright sunshine and what a day it turned out to be.

We arrived at Cley at about 9:50am and I was desperate for the toilet so I jumped out of the car and ran to the nearest bush and almost trod on a Common Toad! We waited until the visitor centre opened but while waiting for it to open we already had about 15 species already including; Brent Geese, Skylark, Blue Tit and a possible Stonechat.
When it opened we dashed straight down to the 3 hides looking over Pats Pool and Simmonds Scrape and saw a variety of species; Wigeon, Pintail, Marsh Harrier and a escapee Maned Duck!
After going to the hides we headed towards the beach and got close views to Gannets and a Peregrine then two navy helicopters spooked all the birds again and got amazing shots of Brent Geese, Wigeon and a dead Fieldfare the only other thrush apart from Song Thrush and Blackbird. Then my friend showed me were  a few groups of birds had landed at sea they ended out to be rafts of Common Scoter, Eider and unusually Wigeon.
So after half a day at Cley the species total stood at 50 species which was very good indeed.
Redshank

No comments:

Post a Comment